Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring is in the Air!


Waking up everyday to sunshine in London has never felt so good! I am so happy to see the sun for the first time in a couple of months, just makes life so much better! Whats better then finally being able to trade in your rainboots for a pair of flats and lightweight jacket? Okay I admit I may jump the gun a bit on the spring clothes but I can't help it when every store is showing off all their new items in fabulous window displays! Most of which are somewhat dainty and floral...

The last couple of weeks have a been a bit hectic finishing up my internship and preparing myself for finals next week before I take off on my spring break adventure around Europe! I can not believe I am already HALF way done being here, ahh!! I have been so busy but I am really starting to feel like London is my home.

Good news! I think I finally found my niche in Notting Hill, which never seems to let me down. I always end up heading to Portobello Market lately on Saturdays because it is truly a little slice of vintage heaven!

This Saturday I stumbled across Cafe 202 which is everything I could ask for and more in a Cafe. Superb location. It is actually part of the Nicole Farhi Boutique which I have always admired her clothes from a distance but never been in one of here stores.

The Cafe is on the ground floor and was flooded with sunshine through huge windows coved with loose orange sketches of London. PERFECT. All the tables her vintage garden bistro tables with mix matched Parisian chairs and the food was to do die for!

Not to mention this was the perfect place for people watching. Everyone there was "proper", British and dressed to impressed! Even the dogs there were well behaved. "How Brilliant".

I peeped Nicole Farhi's spring line downstairs and have to say I didn't hate it one bit. Bright colors, fun prints and classic styles--what's not to love?






Oh Notting Hill, you never cease to amaze. Westbourne Grove was a similar feel to Rodeo Drive with beautiful and high end boutiques down the streets with roof top garden above. This just may be my new weekend spot!

Hope you all enjoying the start of spring, all my love from across the sea!




No comments:

Post a Comment